Tuesday, May 16, 2017

In praise

Praise be to the Almighty God most high for his provision of the Holy Spirit!


I’ve documented an earlier experience with the Spirit, from this calendar year, here.  A more recent experience has again been powerful.  I lived through the experience mindful of the message of the four lepers – that message is: never give up hope and expect the unexpected.

A sticky problem that had been five years in the making was much on my mind over the January holiday.  In prayer I sought a solution.  The message in response was to let the matter go.  The Spirit was nudging me to hand over control.  I duly handed control to the Spirit and patiently awaited the result in faith.

“Whenever it appears in your life that Jesus is not winning,
 whenever it seems as though he’s not triumphing over your enemy,
 just at that point and at that time,
you need a very robust and clear vision of God’s sovereignty
 over you and the horrors of your life.”  Pastor John Piper

The result has been glorious life-giving freedom.  The Spirit revealed two critical pieces of information that had been hid from me.  Two different people revealed the information.  The information has opened my eyes to how I have been under yoke of oppression for some considerable time – I had been burdened by someone’s false construct.  The dawning of the implications of the revealed information was slow at first.  Then it struck with a rush all on one day.  I walked unburdened into church for the first time in years on Sunday.  I was rewarded with the joy of a meaningful and enriching conversation. Christ genuinely does bring freedom when light is shined upon darkness!

“The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing.
The words I have spoken to you—they are full of the Spirit and life.”  John 6:63 NIV

There is much to do and much to gain from the Spirit’s revelation.  I look forward to life afresh with my cup over flowing.

Shalom,
Ozhamada

Note: this post intentionally identifies all three of the Trinity.
Note: it was a song with peculiar lyrics that was a turning point on the January holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment