Today's dinner innovatively used up three of the chokos in a delicious roast dish. We used a Herbie's Spices Greek Seasoning to provide a great flavor. The combination of the sumac and the lemon in the Herbie's packet make for a great combination.
Three large chokos, peeled, seed removed then cut into chip size pieces (about 12 pieces per choko)
Two medium carrots, peeled, cut into 5 centimeter lengths
Herbie's Spices Greek Seasoning - three generous tablespoons.
Four brown onions, sliced
Garlic - be generous to taste - roughly chopped
1. Heat oven to 220 degrees Celsius
2. In a frypan heat oil then add garlic and onion. Cook until onion is translucent.
3. While garlic and onion is frying add chokos and carrots to oven tray. Start roasting while garlic and onion cook.
4. Add garlic and onion to oven tray. Add one tablespoon of Herbie's Spices Greek Seasoning. Toss to combine.
5. Lower oven heat to 180 degree Celsuis and put timer on for half hour.
6. After ten minutes add another tablespoon of Herbie's Spices Greek Seasoning. Toss to combine.
7. At twenty minutes add another tablespoon of Herbie's Spices Greek Seasoning. Toss to combine.
8. Change oven setting to grill. Raise oven tray to just under grill. Brown the contents of the oven tray for 5 minutes making sure nothing burns.
9. Serve with salt.
Tips: Instead of chokos you may use eggplant. We served with pan fried chicken thighs.
"For he satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things."
Psalm 107:9 NIV