As I finished the last of the book (the earlier part of the review linked here)….I could not help myself.
Error X, pages 216 and 218: A single member of the New South Wales police force referred to by the surname Blare, Blair or Blaire.
Error Y, page 219: A dog that within three sentences is firstly named “Duchess” and then answers to “Dutches”
Error Z, page 245: A call for “Austrian justice” to be carried out in Australia.
And yet
among all those errors there was the (unforgivable-in-Australian-publishing?) error. On page 236: the
dating of Anzac
Day’s origins to Australian and New Zealand troops fighting in the year
1951. "1951" contains the reversal of 1 and 5 yet a good editor would have quickly made the change to 1915.
Shalom,
Ozhamada
#parramatta #book #reading #read #crime #agreatread #books #sydney #aboriginal #Spelling #Correction

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are most welcome. It would be most arrogant of me to think that my opinion, or my research, is 100% sound. Your comments shape and build this work.
I have made edits (and whole post deletions) based on feedback of others. I will continue to do so.