Saturday, 23 February 2019

Mindarie Park, Lane Cove North

Be honest now – who is not a sucker for free coffee?

Coffee was on this morning at the opening of Mindarie Park, Lane Cove North.  Mocha was my chosen brew and it was very fine too. And, cupcakes and fruit and the odd speech ado.



The rain held off long enough for a crowd of about 150 people to enjoy the wonderful park and play equipment. It is a credit to all involved in the project in that it is an all-inclusive park suitable to all abilities and all ages.


The parked is fenced and well landscaped. The fencing will make the park a destination of choice for toddler parties. The park includes public bathrooms, an elders set of tactile sporting equipment and an electric barbecue. Two stages of the park are yet to open. The park is a welcome relief from the explosion of high-rise apartment growth that has been a recent feature of the vicinity.


It was an all celebrity affair with the Lane Cove Mayor in attendance, the State Member for Lane Cove and various Lane Cove Council Councillors, manager and staff. I was pleased to see Mrs ITC (visible in the first photograph above) dressed in her finest and sporting a very modern piece of technology that allowed her to film the affair.


All the fine speeches aside, I nonetheless felt that the tall trees and green surrounds called for a different opening speech. The satirical Monty Python crew knew best - this speech would have completed the opening:

"This here's the wattle,
the emblem of our land,
You can stick it in a bottle,
you can hold it in your hand."

The only downside to this park is the amount of available parking. I don’t suspect that such lack will be an issue for immediate locals; however, it may be a hindrance to people attending as party groups.


It is a great pleasure to be part of a municipality that is opening new facilities. I hope that Mindarie Park brings much pleasure to everyone that uses it.

Shalom,
Ozhamada


[330 words] #inthecove #park #opening #anthonyroberts #lanecovecouncil #lanecove

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are most welcome. It would be most arrogant of me to think that my opinion, or my research, is 100% sound. Your comments shape and build this work.

I have made edits (and whole post deletions) based on feedback of others. I will continue to do so.

Book review - Human Skills in the Age of AI: Insights for Local Government Leadership

Having just finished Andrea Iorio’s Between You and AI: Unlock the Power of Human Skills to Thrive in an AI-Driven World , I was struck by h...