Thursday, 12 September 2024

Kosher crossword 27 August 2024 edition - correction needed

I've copied here an email that I sent to editor@thejewishreport.com.au. The email was available in a monthly Sydney Jewish publication - The Jewish Report - the September 2024 edition - as linked. The images added here are extracted from the publication. Jesus is the answer to the clue: "False god in the Bible"

---

Dear Editor,

As a Christian I could put aside the call of my Lord and Saviour and exhibit outrage at the clue and answer to 68 across in the Kosher Crossword of the 27 August 2024 edition; "False god in the Bible". 




Instead, in love, for you and for your readers, I propose you issue a correction in your next edition. The correction would free your readers and allow them to take joy in God's provision circa AD30. The correction would apologise for the false clue and instead offer up an alternative clue: "The second member of the Trinity, God's beloved Son, who bore all the sins of mankind, as revealed in the Gospels". Being culturally sensitive I appreciate that you will wish to publish the corrected clue as: "The second member of the Trinity, G-d's beloved Son, who bore all the sins of mankind, as revealed in the Gospels". 

We Christians see Jesus in the book of Genesis 3 as the offspring who will crush the serpent and Genesis 22 as the ram that is sacrificially offered in our place. In the book of Exodus as the bread of life. In the book of Joshua as the one who will take all into the promised land.



In eager anticipation of the publication of the correction I will pray for you and your readers.

Naturally, I would happily write you an article that identifies Christ in every book of the Old Testament. One Christian preacher has masterfully done just that. See: this Youtube 

from time 17:45 onwards.

Kind regards,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are most welcome. It would be most arrogant of me to think that my opinion, or my research, is 100% sound. Your comments shape and build this work.

I have made edits (and whole post deletions) based on feedback of others. I will continue to do so.

Book review - Human Skills in the Age of AI: Insights for Local Government Leadership

Having just finished Andrea Iorio’s Between You and AI: Unlock the Power of Human Skills to Thrive in an AI-Driven World , I was struck by h...